|PLAYA HOTELS & RESORTS N.V. filed this Form 8-K on 01/04/2019|
derogatory statements to any person or entity, including any media outlet, regarding the Company or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, Executives, agents or representatives or about the Companys or its subsidiaries business affairs and/or financial condition. Executive understands and agrees that Executives commitment not to defame, disparage, or impugn Companys reputation constitutes a willing and voluntary waiver of Executives rights under the First Amendment of the United States Constitution and other laws. However, these non-disparagement obligations, do not limit Executives ability to truthfully communicate with the EEOC, DOL, NLRB, SEC, and comparable state or local agencies or departments whether such communication is initiated by Executive or in response to the government.
8. Communications with Government Agencies. Nothing in this Agreement or any other agreement between Playa Management and Executive or any policy of Playa Management:
a. prohibits Executive from communicating with Government Agencies about a potential violation of the law;
b. limits Executives ability, without notice to or approval from Playa Management: (i) to file a charge or complaint with a Government Agency; (ii) to participate in an investigation or proceeding conducted by a Government Agency; or (iii) to provide information or documents to a Government Agency in connection with an investigation or proceeding; or
c. restricts Executives right to receive a reward or incentive for information provided to a Government Agency.
9. Amendment and Waiver. This Agreement shall be binding upon the Parties and may not be modified in any manner, except by an instrument in writing of concurrent or subsequent date signed by duly authorized representatives of the Parties hereto. This Agreement is binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the Parties and their respective agents, assigns, heirs, executors, successors and administrators. No delay or omission by the Company or Executive in exercising any right under this Agreement shall operate as a waiver of that or any other right. A waiver or consent given by the Company on any one occasion shall be effective only in that instance and shall not be construed as a bar to or waiver of any right on any other occasion.
10. Validity. Should any provision of this Agreement be declared or be determined by any court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal or invalid, the validity of the remaining parts, terms or provisions shall not be affected thereby and said illegal or invalid part, term or provision shall be deemed not to be a part of this Agreement.
11. Nature of Agreement. Executive understands and agrees that this Agreement is a separation agreement and does not constitute an admission of liability or wrongdoing on the part of the Company.
12. Acknowledgments. Executive acknowledges that Executive has been given at least 21 days to consider this Agreement, and that the Company advised Executive to consult with an attorney of Executives own choosing prior to signing this Agreement. Executive understands that Executive may revoke this Agreement for a period of seven (7) days after Executive signs this Agreement by notifying the Companys General Counsel, in writing, and the Agreement shall not be effective or enforceable until the expiration of the Revocation Period.